Monday, May 15, 2017

Weekly Challenge #316

Good Morning all!!

Thank you for all your birthday wishes - i had a really great week!

My birthday was celebrated with my 3 favourite boys.  Artoo made sure we took a "Last Day of Being 36" picture - because that's what we do on the night before their birthday

our fingers make 36.... his 3, his 1+my 5 (His idea!)
 Bright and early Friday morning Artoo came running into my bedroom shouting "Happy Birthday Mom!!" followed closely by Chewie and i was gifted so many hugs and kisses.  Artoo was so excited because Friday also happened to be his Grade One year end recital!  There are 4 Grade 1 classes in his school - and his class were skunks.  He even had a speaking part! And so B-rad and I were really worried that his anxiety would get the better of him and that he wouldn't be able to to it.... But he spoke his words clearly into the microphone and we were so proud of him... i thought my heart would burst.

The cutest skunk in the biz
 He felt pretty great about himself, and with good reason.  He did such a great job.
I'm a lucky lady.
I spent the rest of the day making art in my studio and i did a birthday live stream that was really fun.
Dill Pickle Bloody Mary
at dinner i made myself a Dill Pickle Bloody Mary made with Dill Pickle Vodka (Yes, it's a thing)

Here's how i made it:

2 oz Dill Pickle Vodka 
Ice
Tomato juice
2 oz pickle brine
3-5 shakes Worcestershire Sauce
2-5 shakes Tabasco
 garnished with celery stalk, dill pickle, olives, and pickled green beans.


Basically - it was a delicious boozy salad!

WIN WIN

Artoo told me that he really wanted to make me a cake for my birthday, so he and B-rad made one together after supper

tasty 
 On Saturday my mom and dad took the boys overnight so B-rad and i could go out for a birthday dinner, and i had the most amazing meal... a mushroom and blue cheese burger and a side of poutine!! mmmmmm poutine.

my mouth is watering just remembering how good it was

Date night with my hubs
 On Sunday, Mother's Day, we went to my mom and dad's to pick up the boys and my mom and i were surprised with pancake breakfast prepared by my dad and my boys.  It was so tasty and the boys were so proud of themselves.

I really had such a great weekend, and i love my boys so much.  all three of them.  They sure know how to make a girl feel special.

Weekly Challenge #316: String Theory - Stripes!

This is one of my favourite challenges... i so love coming back to it and revisiting it!!  For this week - create your string using stripes! They can be varying widths, they don't have to be uniform or even... basically anything goes as long as it's stripes.

Thanks to everyone who joined me last night for the live stream, it was really fun.

For my tile i decided to use a zendala tile - for the sole reason that i haven't done a stripe challenge on a zendala tile before.
i named this one "Accidental Sunrise" on the Live Stream last night. 
Remember if you'd like a sneak peek into the next challenge - join me on Twitch and watch as i create each week's tile.  I usually start streaming by 8:30 pm, my time - which is the same as Calgary AB, or Salt Lake UT (if that helps you) although sometimes i'm able to get down to the studio sooner.  Be sure to heart my channel and turn notifications on if you'd like to be notified when i'm streaming  (Sometimes i stream during the day as well)

 have a great week!


And if you're on the Zentangle Mosaic App or Instagram - i'm @iamthediva - come on by and follow me, and i'm going to be using hashtags on the app for each of my weekly challenges. So if you're game - use the hashtag #DC316(Diva Challenge #316) for your tile this week! You can also search in the app for people's contributions to the challenge by clicking on the hashtag from inside the app, or using the search function. 

If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you love the challenge as much as i do, please consider leaving a tip (tip jar in the side bar).  I write this blog for free and have no plans to make it a paid for service in the future.  Buy me a cup of coffee, or a new Micron pen!! Click the tip jar on the side for a monthly tip, but if you just wanna throw a few bucks my way THIS LINK will give you a one time option.    A very big thank you to those who have kept me in hot cups of joe. ;)



9 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you had such a great weekend! We had some great (and chaotic) days last week, I'll tell about it on my blog to-morrow. I love your tile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a wonderful birthday with your sweet family, Laura. I was inspired by your use of a round tile, so I grabbed a 3Z today. I love how yours looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for such a fun Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice picture of the two of you and thank you for another lovely challenge. I couldn't join last week, so I wish you a bit late a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring is here and life is good. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to see your birthdaypics! You all looks so happy! It is nice to come back to this striping challenge now and then. Thank´s for a nice challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I think I will try your bloody Mary recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for another fun challenge. I really enjoyed the stream on Sunday. Still having slow connection issues though my 4G refreshes today so I'm hoping to be able to join the chat on Sunday. Happy belated birthday and Mother's day😉

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and hubby are the cutest couple!!! Sorry I missed live stream on Sunday! No Internet at my mom's! Happy belated Mother's Day!....you're an amazing Mom to us all! Lol!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!