Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekly Challenge #113

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:

  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge. 
  • I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, i've redone the code a few times... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva ( a t ) yahoo ( d o t ) com - also to those people who donated this week... THANK YOU SO MUCH.


Happy Monday!

Thank you, everyone, for being patient this week... feels like one of those days where nothing is going right.... oh, technology..

I feel like now that i'm a stay at home mom, there's not much to report on - every day seems very much like the one before... full of cranky boys, and happy boys, and silly boys, and singing boys, and sleeping boys, and crying boys... and any variation of the above at any given moment.

 Artoo has been working on his most amazing smile this week.  We are so excited to see this, because when he was born and we were given his initial diagnosis of Moebius Syndrome, we were told he will never smile.  He's proving them wrong, and i just thank all my lucky stars that he is light on the spectrum, and i'll take this smile a million times - any day of the week.

a drawing of a zombie carrot, by Chewie
PROUD!
 It seems that in the past week or so, Chewie has really developed a love of drawing, and he is content to sit and colour in his journal - right now he's really into drawing Zombie Carrots.

awesome.

On the weekend B-rad and i were able to enjoy a night out! my mom came over and watched Artoo so we could go to a family wedding out of town (in a small town nearby).  It was nice to have fun and dance with all my little nieces and nephews, and to relax and have a drink...or two. ;)

Chewie got to stay overnight with his cousins, and he couldn't have been happier!

Me and Chewie and my sister in law's middle daughter
 Also - i love this man.

mwah!



Weekly Challenge #113: String Theory v. XXIV "Hip to be Square"

This week's challenge is a string challenge - an easy string for everyone to do.  i started with my dots, and border, creating a square.  Inside that, i drew a few more squares and went from there.

...a box in a box in a box in a box in...
i think there's a lot of possibility in this string, and i'll probably do it again sometime.  i have some ideas percolating in my brain. ;)

So, begin with a square and keep adding squares, one inside the other!  Also, i just realized that this challenge goes beautifully along side the latest post from Rick and Maria on the Zentangle blog - Synchronicity!!  Go and check it out for some lovely inspiration!

Have fun!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (please email to weeklychallenge(at)mail(dot)com)I just ask that you put in the subject line:  Challenge # ________

The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

31 comments:

  1. Has Chewie been watching Monsters vs. Aliens Night of the Living Carrots? That's the only reason I can see for Zombie Carrots but, then again, I'm not little anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been doing the tangles since #100....but I still love to check in on you and your fabulous family every once in awhile..and all the great tangles~ And want to tell you that is the most beautiful smile I think I have EVER seen!!! Bless you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of zombie carrots...so funny. You have such a lovely family; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not much happening...Artoo is smiling??? Way to go Mom! That in itself is amazing. And I know that sunshiney Chewie will be helping him along. Don't ever for one minute minimize the amazing things you and your wonderful family unit can accomplish. Miracles? Maybe yes, maybe no, but amazing never the less.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful smile!!
    Awesome zombie carrots!!
    Love the challenge this week ... It is taking me out of my comfort zone again.
    Thank you!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeahhh Artoo - that is a lovely smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love love your tile - especially what you did with Mooka - how it pokes out and wraps around - very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my. That is like the cutest smile on earth :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful smile from Artoo, the first of many to come hopefully. Artoo does have an excellent teacher though in Chewie, he has a super smile. Thank you for the challenge, brilliant one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree Artoo is smiling! I love the photos you share with us! I am so glad that you were able to overcome the glitch! I was challenged this week in a big way and I give you a big thank you! Your tile is an inspiration of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun challenge, Laura, and I just love Artoo's little smile. He's adorable. So is Chewy, and his picture he's so proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oops! I forgot to tell you how much I love your tangle this week ... Especially how the Mooka "arms" are woven in. That's soooooo cool and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see the challenge in Artoo's precious smile!
    Thank you Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I first saw this challenge, nobody had done one! It has taken me hours to to this first entry, so now I'm way down the list.

    Lovely photos of the boys, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi!
    First participation in the challenge ... Very fun, thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, once again for the weekly challenge. I love Chewie's zombie carrots and Artoo's precious smile.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay, Artoo! Love his smile, and smiles from the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, Laura, for another great challenge. I learn so much by doing them. It's great to see your happy boys, and Artoo is such a little trooper. Love his smile!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like it was a good week in the Harms' household. I love Artoo's sweet, sweet smile, and from the rest of your pictures it looks like everyone was smiling this week! Thanks for sharing your family with us Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Laura, I really enjoyed the challenge this week.
    Your new look really looks beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved this challenge. Definitely going to use this type of string again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving all your smiles! Off to view the drawings of others, thanks for creating that ability!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I uploaded mine for grins and giggles. I forgot to bring anything to work with (to work) today so ended up using regular paper, a mechanical pencil, and an ultra fine black Sharpie. I wanted to do this for practice and without getting inspiration before I did. I made it as far as my outer square before I ran out of "knowledge" and ideas. So... Linda Selymes your tangle was my outside square inspiration. (I hope that is OK with you!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love seeing the boys' progress on your blog. Artoo's little crooked smile is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You definitely have a beautiful family! I think I inadvertently "stole" part of your zentangle idea. Really! It was unintentional! :S
    This was a fun challenge!
    And, HOORAY FOR ZOMBIE CARROTS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your lovely smiley faces were just what I needed to get me smiling too. Love the challenge as it is making sure I find time to tangle each week. I am rather late again this week - been on grandma duty - I've said it before and am sure I'll say it many times more - I don't know how you do all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a precious smile! I have to say I love Chewie's zombie carrots. I hope he expands into other zombie veggies. I think zombie broccoli would be particularly fun! :). Thanks for the fun challenge. I'm glad I could play along.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you, as always, for finding time in your busy schedule to post this challenge for others to enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Too much fun... and to think I almost didn't do this one! Instead I made TWO! Thanks for the nudges!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This was really fun to made. I just let it flow, as it came up to my mind.
    This is my first taking part in a challenge like this so I hope you like the result and it's ok if my first tangles are linked within my pinterest-board until I have a blog for my zentangles :)

    Janina

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!