Monday, May 28, 2012

Weekly Challenge #72

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!
Welcome back everyone.
By the time you read this B-rad and i will be on our way to Edmonton, AB to see the concert production of Roger Waters' "The Wall" (you may know Roger from such bands as Pink Floyd...)  We are very big Pink Floyd fans in this house.  B-rad actually flew to the West Coast to see this show in 2010 just after Artoo was born.  I couldn't go, obviously, i was home with a very teeny tiny baby at the time.  So when we heard he was touring it again, I couldn't pass up the chance to see the show. 

Roger Waters = 50 Shades of AWESOME
So, this has meant that my mother has been 'training' with us for the past 5 months, learning how to feed Artoo (as his medical condition makes feeding very tricky, he's very susceptible to choking and aspirating) and how to read his signs, (both body language and actual sign language), and how to put him to sleep.  This will be the VERY FIRST NIGHT AWAY since Artoo was born 18 months ago.

It's only for one night, but we are going to be about 5 hours from home - so it's a little nerve wracking, as  well as exciting.  So, wish us luck interweb family!

Pansy from my flower bed
 So, here's a photo of one of my flowers in my flower-bed.... a purple pansy touched with yellow gold.  I took this photo with my new iPhone Macro lens that B-rad bought me for my birthday.  :D  So pretty.  It's been so nice to see my flowers growing and filling my beds with colour.

Playing Restaurant
 Chewie and Artoo had a fun playdate this week when i watched my girlfriend's two daughters for a few hours.  Chewie and Big E played restaurant while Artoo and Little E terrorized the kitchen.  It was fun, and so nice to be able to help out one of my friends for a change... payback for all the times she's helped me out in a pinch... well, it's a start anyway.

OM NOM NOM
Artoo is just becoming more and more like a little boy, and less like a little baby.  He is pulling himself up to standing everywhere, he likes to walk with us holding his hands, he's walking around supported by furniture, he knows over 50 signs, and he's starting to feed himself with a spoon!  We've been given the clear by his Occupational Therapist to start trying small finger foods with him, as his lip and mouth control has shown huge improvements.  YAY!  It seemed like he would NEVER get to this stage, all these little milestones that we took for granted with Chewie are SUCH a big deal with Artoo.  Yay Artoo!!


Weekly Challenge #72: "Tanglation Nation - Crescent Moon"
One of the wonderful parts of Zentangle is how it is always growing and changing and becoming something beautiful and new.  Part of the way this happens is through tangleations or variations of tangles.

In this week's challenge we are going to explore the tangle Crescent Moon -  one of, what i consider to be, a staple of Zentangle.  Play with this tangle, really open it up and take it for a drive... put the top down and let your hair loose!  Where can it go? What can it do.  What are you and Crescent Moon capable of together?
A Monotangle of Crescent Moon tangleations

Create a Monotangled* tile or Zentangle Inspired Art using only Crescent moon and it's variation.
*Monotangle is a term referring to a tile or ZIA that uses only one tangle - either in it's true form or tangleated form

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. 
Hey - i should note here quickly that i try my best to get the slideshows up in a timely fashion, but sometimes my life gets in the way (like when Artoo spends a week in the hospital, just for example) so, please be patient.  thanks.  HUG
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

38 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy the show. Crescent moon is one of my favorite tangles so this should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything goes perfectly well during your getaway and have a FABULOUS time!!! Love hearing about all of Artoo's accomplishments. Am so happy for you. Okay.....now on to Crescent Moon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sincere congratulations on this progress of Artoo, you must be enjoying it.
    Me too I like Pinck Floyd, but I have to settle for listening to your music. Enjoy a lot of that concert and relax so that you have earned.
    I love this new challenge, is one of my favorite entanglements, almost always end up including it in my big jobs
    A greeting from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you and B-rad and the children and grandma all had a wonderful time! What a challenge for me to figure out how to use one of my favorite patterns as a monotangle. I feel I have a lot to explore. Thanks for getting me into the creative mode. Your tile is so good. It really gives us a boost of confidence that this can be done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fabulous time at the concert!! I'm jealous! Lol. I saw Pink Floyd a few years ago in Atlanta, GA. Thanks for having this site for all of us. Wishing you, B-rad, Artoo and Chewie the VERY BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great trip!I'm sure grandma will do a great job with the kiddos!
    Love your monotangle! The middle portion almost looks like it's under a magnifying glass. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are having fun at the concert, Laura!

    Nice challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to hear that 1. Artoo is making such progress and 2. that you are at The Wall tonight. Hope you have a wonderful getaway and grandma does fine. In the meantime, Crescent Moon is an old friend and always fun to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great time at the concert and enjoy having some time to yourselves.
    I enjoyed the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The challenge was fun, thanks so much! I hope you are having a great time on your little get-away! Enjoy the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was such a fun challenge. Thanks, Diva!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for this challenge - I really liked the simplicity of it, yet the possibilities are endless. I guess you can make it look as simple or very intricate and detailed, either way its a lovely pattern. I hope you had an enjoyable time at the concert!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I went the "simple" route! :) It seems like I only used 2 sections in my tile. I also cropped it down to 3 inches, which I forgot to mention in my blog post. I should probably go back and do that....

    But thanks for the challenge as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Arghh...my first time publishing a tangle. Please bear with my humble offering; I´m quite new at this. I am however loving this new obsession of mine; drawing zentangles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun challenge, Laura! I love your tile, it looks like folds of crescent moon fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was a really fun challenge. My first Monotangle Yea! I hope your trip is much fun and you are able to keep from worrying to much.

    Warmest Regards,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoyed doing this one alot. It was my first monotangle. Thanks for 'challenging' me :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Laura, I have to thank you for only allowing 2 uploads. Otherwise I would never get anything done. This one was really fun. I added purple to my second one (got some new copics for my daughter and she has kindly allowed me to use them)and I really like the way it turned out. :}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks again Laura. I had fun with this challenge. Well, I usually do have fun, but I really enjoyed playing with this. Hope you had a wonderful mini vacation! You so deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just posted mine. I tried to stick to crescent moon, but deviated a little. I hope that's ok and still in the zentangle spirit. Thanks for inspiring us!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you had a fantastic time at the show!! Thanks for a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Laura, this challenge was so much fun, how I enjoyed it, thank you. Hope you had a wonderful time on your date.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Laura, this is my first time doing your challenge. I had a wonderful time with it. I hope that your get-away was fun and that your mom had an easy time of it. Thank you for your work on this each week. I appreciate the chance to spread my wings a bit and try new things!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hope you guys had a super fun date! You deserve it. And thanks for the crescent moon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This was my most fun challenge ever. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hope you had a great time on your mini-vacation. This was tough!! I find monotangles very difficult. Thanks for nudging me to try something I wouldn't otherwise try!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love monotangles. Sorry I messed up! I re-read your instructions AFTER I got up close and personal with Mr. Linky. lol

    Thanks, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think this was my favorite challenge so far... I did three more today. :oD Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hope your night at the concert was fantastic, and I hope you don't have to wait so long to get away again! Great challenge. Thanks, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your touch of shading is striking.
    Cheers for a beaut night.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hope your date night was even better than you expected! Really enjoyed this challenge. I think we tend to take these old reliable tangles for granted; it's good for us to revisit them now and then and look at them in new ways!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I hope everyone had a great time and that you were able to really enjoy your well-deserved venture to something just for you (well, and B-rad, too), Laura!
    I really enjoyed this challenge and was happy to get two tiles done to submit, but you will see I have three links: #11, #12, and #84. The middle one is a mistake; I really don't know how I linked a much older post to this challenge...but if there's any way for you to delete the link, I'd appreciate it. It links to my Sanibelle challenge tile, which has no Crescent Moon at all in it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello, I'm new here and this was my first challenge. And I had so much fun with it! Normally I don't like the crescent moon pattern very much, but this time I loved it :-)

    Greets from Germany, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi, Been following your blog for a while and finally decided to take the plunge and post...
    Thanks for the challenges

    ReplyDelete
  35. Poop! my first post didn't have the site specific url. I'm really sorry about that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I really enjoyed this challenge, thank you. Bring on the next.... PLZ (I know it is not until monday, but I am looking forward already)

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!